Saturday, June 25, 2011

Preschool and Pox

Assalam walaykum!

It's been a while for me Subhan Allah!  Lots of news, the most important is that I started working, woohooo!  My first job since I moved to Egypt (some 7 years ago mind you).  But I couldn't be happier- I'm working as a preschool teacher at a very nice nursery, Alhamdulillah.  My boss is an English convert herself, and my coworkers are really some of the nicest people you'll meet.  Not to mention my cute little students!  (My class is the 2-3 year olds)  As much as I've run from thinking that English is my only strong suit here, I really, REALLY enjoy teaching.  I love everything about it, from caring for the kids, to watching their progress, to thinking up crafts and activities, masha'Allah, it really is SO rewarding!  I love being that goofy teacher who makes them smile!
Anyway, so that's why I've taken a hiatus from the blogging world.  I've also recently had to take a hiatus from my job because my 4 yr old son has the chicken pox.  :(  Alhamdulillah it's a rather mild case so he should be back in business soon.  I keep telling him this bedtime story about a boy who got the pox and kept picking and scratching at his spots until he turned into a chicken.  My son yells, "I'm not a chicken boy mom!  I'm not going to turn into a chicken!"  LOL

4 comments:

  1. Assalamu Aleykum dear sister,

    Mabruk on your new job.teaching is defnitely a challenging and exciting job MashALLAH!

    May ALLAH SWT give Shifa to your little (chicken lol) boy.Ameen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walaykuma salam, wa Allai Berik Feeki! Thanks and Ameen to your dua' LOL. Hope everything is well with you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam sis and mabrook on the job! It's really nice to be able to have the option to work if we want (and hubby agrees!) as opposed to being EXPECTED to work, right?

    Your son sounds like such a cutie masha'Allah! I pray Allah swt heals him soon, amin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walaykuma salam! Yeah, I was actually surprised at how supportive hubs was. I guess he saw the cabin fever getting to me, LOL. Alhamdulillah, it's done great things for my self-esteem, time management and resurrecting my social life among the sisters. :-D Jazak Allahu khair for your dua'.

    ReplyDelete