Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Man it's HARD to Start a Blog!


Hello Blogosphere! I'm having a hard time just knowing where to start, I like to write, but haven't done so in a while. Mostly I've been reading and becoming inspired by the blogs of the muslim sisters, but it's time for me to come out of the shadows. No more lurking, so I thought I wanted my first post to be something eye-catching and fantastical, and show all you guys how cool I am and such LOL. But in reality, the blogs I've grown to love are the ones that are simple and honest. So here I go with my first intro:

Salam Walaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahoo! I'm Umm Hamza, born and raised in the good ol' USA, I reverted to Islam and married my Egyptian husband almost 8 years ago. (feeling old now). I moved to Egypt almost 6 years ago, and have been living here and raising our two kids ever since. My DH manages a hedge fund in the US, and comes to visit us a few months each year.

I don't know what my intentions are with this blog, I think maybe I just need an outlet to express myself, and I'm hoping to meet and make friends with other sisters with similar interests and experiences. (Maybe even starting my own country for the American Reverts, because sometimes I feel like I don't fit in anywhere...) But, anyway, hellos to all and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Salam Alaikum and welcome to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A'salaamu alaikum sister. Nice to see a new blog. :-) I am a revert to Islam as well (4+ years now) and married also alhamdulillah. Insha'Allah look forward to more of your posts.

    Ma salaama...

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam sister!! and welcome to the world of blogging. just..start!! write about anything. it will start to roll naturally. trust me, you will find your voice.

    ReplyDelete